Why can’t the app find my Freesat box?
If the app is unable to find your Freesat box, there may be a problem with your internet connection. Check that your Freesat box and your phone or tablet are on the same network and try resetting your router.
Check your router’s settings and make sure UPnP (Universal Plug and Play) is enabled. If your router is dual band, you need to make sure that your Freesat box and mobile device are both set to the same band. Contact your ISP or router's manufacturer for details on how to check and change these.
If you are using Homeplug Adapters to connect your box to the internet, please ensure that they are UPnP compatible. You can find out if they’re UPnP compatible in the manufacturer’s guide.
If you’re still having trouble, please ensure any other UPnP apps on your phone or tablet are temporarily turned offm (UPnP-enabled apps include AirPlay, media.connect and Flipps).
- What do I need?
- How do I use the Freesat App as a remote control?
- Why can’t the app find my Freesat box?
- How do I remote control a different TV?
- How do I turn on subtitles?
- Can I turn on voice-activated accessibility?
- Why can't I remote record?
- Why did my remote recording not work?
- Can I manage my recordings via the app?
- Can I use the app while on 3G or 4G?
- Can I record programmes from On Demand?