Customer Experience Agent
Freesat is a collective venture between the BBC, ITV and Channel 4, providing UK customers with over 170 TV and radio channels, as well as On Demand and SVOD services. We reach over 2 million homes through a combination of set-top boxes and TV sets.
Freesat is continuously evolving the service to ensure that users receive the best possible subscription-free TV experience. Looking to the future, we are preparing for our next generation of STB and TV products, using latest technologies to enhance features and provide an experience that will keep us competitive for years to come.
Freesat has big ambitions and it’s an exciting time to join this small, vibrant company based in an attractive Central London location. This is a dynamic environment where innovation is rewarded and our agile environment means that we are constantly able to pursue new opportunities.
We’re in the process of merging with DigitalUK to create one of the biggest companies in the UK media landscape, which will uncover opportunities to create a real step change in the number of customers we can talk to but also how, when and what we talk to them about.
We have a generous reward package including a competitive salary, performance related bonus, healthcare, pension and life assurance. Through our employee wellbeing package we encourage and enable sustainable living for physical and mental health, continuous personal and professional growth and balanced lifestyle choices for every member of our Freesat team.
At Freesat we believe in championing the achievements of the individual but we’re also a team... and a team is strongest when everyone feels that they are supported and are valued as individuals.
Great ideas that drive innovation come from the commitment to making our workplace an equal and inclusive environment where all have the freedom to grow, learn and thrive. We offer content to the amazing and diverse British public and our workforce needs to mirror that diversity of background, thought and experience. We do not tolerate discrimination of any kind within our company and we celebrate creating a culture offering opportunity for all; regardless of race, culture, gender, age, sexual orientation, disability, marital or partnership status, pregnancy or maternity or religious beliefs.
This 6 month fixed term contract role will play a key part in our Customer Experience Operations by providing excellent frontline customer support to our 2 million strong customer-base.
You will look to improve our customer service response times, improve first time resolution and overall customer satisfaction with our support services.
In addition to supporting customers, you will identify gaps in the self-serve content offering on our Help Site and propose new FAQs as well as amendments.
A critical part of the role will be helping with technical escalations for our development team, providing clear descriptions to help with the efforts to identify new issues and find quick resolutions. This is a chance to have a demonstrable impact on our customer satisfaction rates and service operations, as we broaden our in-house service support team, with an aim to raising Freesat’s profile as a top-quality service provider. If these aspirations are met then there is potential for this roles to be made permanent and extend to the training of a wider in-house team of agents.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- To consistently deliver an outstanding level of customer service
- To respond to emails in a timely and professional manner
- Resolve customer queries across multi-channel platforms when required to do so e.g. phone, emails, social, online reviews
- Convert positive customer experiences into online reviews
- Correctly categorise and take details of enquiries & complaints
- Escalate any issues or complaints to your team lead where necessary
- Identify knowledge-base gaps and propose new FAQs and templates to better serve customers
- Become a Freesat champion and product expert
Skills and Expertise
- Previous D2C customer service experience, including speaking with customers directly, preparing customer communications, and handling complaints
- Proven use of customer service and ticketing systems – ‘Zendesk’ is a plus!
- Knowledge of GDPR legislation and data management practices
- Microsoft Office proficient
Personal Skills and Attributes
- Highly organised, able to effectively manage and prioritise tasks
- Excellent attention to detail
- Able to analyse trends in data
- Able to work across multi-channel platforms such as phone, email and social
- Knowledge of technical support operations including identifying system bugs and troubleshooting
- Passionate about providing excellent customer service experience
- Patient, rational and good humoured
- Good communication: expresses self in a clear and succinct way, able to build rapport quickly
- Conflict resolution
- An interest in TV and Technology
- Technical skills
- Time management skills
- Transferable skills
Freesat is an equal opportunities employer
To apply for this role, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org attaching your CV, an application letter and proof of eligibility to work in the UK.