Under what circumstances does the warranty not apply?
Exclusions under the warranty include
- 4K (Recordable) TV Boxes being used by businesses
- Where proof of original purchase cannot be provided
- Faults reported, or 4K (Recordable) TV Boxes which develop faults after the expiry of the warranty period.
- Any product other than those listed in the box below:
Name Size of Hard Drive Model Number Freesat 4K Recordable TV Box 50GB UHD-4X-500 Freesat 4K Recordable TV Box 1TB UHD-4X-1000 Freesat 4K Recordable TV Box 2TB UHD-4X-2000 Freesat 4K TV Box Not applicable UHD-X
- 4K (Recordable) TV Boxes refurbished and sold by Freesat (also referred to as “graded” products).
- Any software on the 4K (Recordable) TV Box.
- Any cosmetic damage to the 4K (Recordable) TV Box (e.g. scratches or dents), or any damage through normal wear and tear, including consumable parts that may wear our over time e.g. batteries supplied with the remote control.
- Any 4K (Recordable) TV Box which has been opened, repaired, altered or modified by someone other than a Freesat representative, or a service provider authorised by Freesat.
- Any 4K (Recordable) TV Box which has had its serial number or “warranty void label” broken, removed, obliterated or altered.
- Any 4K (Recordable) TV Box which has been damaged as a result of improper installation, misuse, abuse or neglect,
- Where damage is caused by a failure to follow the user manual, safety notice or any other cause beyond the range of the intended use, including incorrect mains voltages and incorrect ventilation.
- Any fault caused by an accident, liquid contact, fire, lightening, terrorism, earthquake, power cut or surge, or other hazard or act of God.
- Any 4K (Recordable) TV Box which is purchased outside of the United Kingdom or is being used outside the United Kingdom.
For full terms, click here
- What products are covered by Freesat's warranty?
- Does the Freesat warranty also cover Humax/Manhattan boxes?
- How long is Freesat's warranty?
- What's covered under the Freesat warranty?
- I live abroad, does the warranty still apply?
- Under what circumstances does the warranty not apply?
- If I've bought my box second hand, can I still claim under the warranty?
- Do I get a new warranty with my replacement product?