Can I use the app while on 3G or 4G?
You can use the app as a TV Guide and set up and manage your recordings using a 3G or 4G connection.
Remote control is not possible via 3G or 4G, as your phone or tablet needs to be connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your box.
If you are using the app somewhere where the internet connection is unreliable (for example on a train) you may find a delay in updates to the service, particularly programme images.
If you have a data limit as part of your mobile contract, we suggest you keep an eye on your data usage.
- What does the Freesat App do?
- What do I need?
- How do I use the Freesat App as a remote control?
- Why can’t the app find my Freesat box?
- How do I remote control a different TV?
- How do I turn on subtitles?
- Can I turn on voice-activated accessibility?
- Why can't I remote record?
- Why did my remote recording not work?
- Can I manage my recordings via the app?
- Can I use the app while on 3G or 4G?
- Can I record programmes from On Demand?
- What platforms is the Freesat app available on?
- How do I connect the App to my Freesat box?
- How can I record from my app?
- How do I set reminders from the app?
- How can I add a new box to the app?
- How do I change the box that is paired to the app?