Strictly Come Dancing is back
Strictly Come Dancing is almost here
Your favourite dance competition is returning very soon to BBC One! Who’s excited?
What makes this series so special?
This year, Strictly Come Dancing are shaking things up with their first same sex dancing couple! Boxer Nicola Adams will be part of the couple, so tune in to Strictly Come Dancing 2020 to find out who she’ll be partnering up with, and read on for our favourite past performances from the series!
The full line up
- Jacqui Smith (Former Home Secretary)
- HRVY (Popstar)
- Jamie Laing (Made in Chelsea star)
- Maisie Smith (EastEnders’ Tiffany Butcher)
- JJ Chalmers (Former Royal Marine)
- Bill Bailey (Comedian)
- Nicola Adams (Boxer)
- Clara Amfo (BBC Radio 1 DJ)
- Ranvir Singh (Good Morning Britain presenter)
- Max George (The Wanted band member)
- Jason Bell (Former NFL star and Dallas Cowboys player)
- Caroline Quentin (Actress, broadcaster and television presenter)
Freesat's favourite past performances
- In our number one spot, Ashley Roberts and Pasha Kovalev take the lead with their Charleston to ‘Witch Doctor’ from the 2018 Strictly Come Dancing series!
Their performance prompted a standing ovation from the judges and a whopping score of 39. They also performed this dance in the final and gained that extra point to make a perfect 40!
- Another performance from the 2018 series to celebrate was Faye Tozer and Giovanni Pernice’s Theatre and Jazz to ‘Fever’, which was also from the Halloween week. Can you tell we love Halloween?
Dressed as skeletons, Tozer and Pernice’s performance gained them 39 points. They also performed the dance in the final and achieved 40 points the second time round ♥️
- In the 2017 series of Strictly, Alexandra Burke’s final performance to ‘Proud Mary’ with an incredible Jive is undeniably going to get you in a dancing mood.
The performance received 40 points, and we’re not sure how she missed out on that GlitterBall after watching this!
- Sometimes when we watch this one, we can’t tell who’s the professional! Of course, Oti is probably our favourite professional dancer on the show, and her amazing talents and choreography created this masterpiece and moulded Danny Mac into her perfect dance partner as they danced the Samba to ‘Magalenha’.
The pair received a perfect 40 in week 10, and danced it again in the 2016 final.
- There was a time where this song infected us with happiness, and this dance only reinforced that!
The winners of the 2018 series Stacey Dooley and Kevin Clifton danced the Jive to ‘Happy’ during movie week (week 3!) and the pair received a score of 32, although for us this performance was up there with the greats.
- If this elegant Foxtrot to ‘Beauty and the Beast’ doesn’t make you want to watch the Disney classic, we’re not sure what will!
The 2015 series saw Georgia May and Giovanni Pernice perform the slow dance for which they received a score of 36 during week 11.
- Another performance from 2015, and possibly our favourite, comes from Jay McGuiness and Aliona Vilani with their Jive to 'Misirlou'.
The Pulp Fiction inspired sequence was performed as early as Week 3, and from then on, the viewers fell in love, voting them their favourites to eventually win the 2015 series of Strictly Come Dancing.
When is the 2020 series on TV?
The series will air back to back after the Best of Strictly series. You can watch The Best Of Strictly Come Dancing right now on iPlayer, plus a new episode is coming on Saturday at 8.10pm on BBC One.