Freesat 4K TV Box Software Release - 5.4.1.p7_ui_1.3.8
The June 2021 Software Release (5.4.1.p7_ui_1.3.8) is now available and will be automatically installed on Freesat 4K TV Boxes. This update includes the BBC Red Button role out, along with several bug fixes and performance enhancements.
Don't have a 4K TV Box? You can now buy our next generation set top boxes direct from Freesat’s Webstore.
- BBC Connected Red Button services now available
- Nightly reboot now also available when the box is in active standby mode
- Removed “Watch live/Watch live in HD” and “Watch from the start” options from the recordings menu to improve user experience
- Added the “Info” icon to the EPG so customers know how to expand the synopsis
- Added the ability to navigate +/- 24h from Now & Next screen with the Fast Forward & Rewind buttons
Other fixes and improvements
- Fixed recording playback issue where customers were presented with audio only
- Improved reliability of Reminders
- Optimised memory usage to improve performance
- Fixed missing recordings on power loss
- Fixed loss of audio after exiting YouTube
- All channel names clearly displayed on the home screen across all regions
- Improved box performance when operating with a full hard drive
- Ensured customers are returned to last tuned channel when bringing the box out of standby
- Improvements to recordings clash management
- Fixed synopsis display issue
- Addressed Audio and Video loss when box comes out of standby
- Improved stability when transitioning in and out of standby
- Plus other minor bug fixes and improvements
Freesat next generation 4K TV Boxes are the smarter way to enjoy a subscription-free satellite TV experience, with over 170 channels* - including more than 20 in HD. View our 4K TV Box range now.