Freesat is a joint venture between the BBC and ITV, providing UK customers with over 200 TV and radio channels, as well as On Demand and SVOD services. We reach over 2 million homes through a combination of set-top boxes and TV sets.
Freesat is continuously evolving the service to ensure that users receive the best possible subscription-free TV experience. Looking to the future, we are preparing for our next generation of STB and TV products, using latest technologies to enhance features and provide an experience that will keep us competitive for years to come.
Freesat has big ambitions and it’s an exciting time to join this small, vibrant company based in an attractive Central London location. This is a dynamic environment where innovation is rewarded and our agile environment means that we are constantly able to pursue new opportunities.
We have a generous reward package including a competitive salary, performance related bonus, healthcare, pension and life assurance. Through our employee wellbeing package we encourage and enable sustainable living for physical and mental health, continuous personal and professional growth and balanced lifestyle choices for every member of our Freesat team.
At Freesat we believe in championing the achievements of the individual but we’re also a team... and a team is strongest when everyone feels that they are supported and are valued as individuals.
Great ideas that drive innovation come from the commitment to making our workplace an equal and inclusive environment where all have the freedom to grow, learn and thrive. We offer content to the amazing and diverse British public and our workforce needs to mirror that diversity of background, thought and experience. We do not tolerate discrimination of any kind within our company and we celebrate creating a culture offering opportunity for all; regardless of race, culture, gender, age, sexual orientation, disability, marital or partnership status, pregnancy or maternity or religious beliefs.
Reporting to the Director of CE, your role is to delight our customers with your careful and timely execution of goods movements and use of the systems.
Your primary role is to ensure the right stock is available in the right place and time, generating forecasts and timely information for Freesat supply chain. This coupled with taking responsibility for 3rd party logistics contractor responsible for fulfilment.
As Freesat’s direct to consumer channels grows your role will be to ensure smooth operational control, assisting to automate systems and perform data entry where necessary.
You will oversee both forward and reverse supply chains, delivering demand planning and ensure that our 3rd party contracts run smoothly. You will be self-motivated, an effective communicator and be able to work across the critical business teams and systems.
The role will form part of the glue between crucial areas of the business, namely; supply chain logistics; stock management; D2C/B2C/B2B sales; customer experience, strategy and the finance teams.
Operational knowledge of SAP ByDesign and a working knowledge of logistics and supply chain are essential requirements. Importing and exporting data, and cleaning and validation.
Freesat operates a simple supply chain model, with four product SKU’s, selling into the UK’s leading retailers, through B2B partners or direct to consumer. This role will maintain the stock control, and the Sales Order allocation process, working with the inbound supply chain, and retail order demand planning. Following a detailed process and spreadsheet wizard will be your day to day activities.
As a logistic expert, you will oversee both the forward and reverse supply chain logistics activities inside Freesat and management of our 3rd party logistics warehouse to ensure effective management of inventory across the business. A details person with focus, with a right eye for number, patterns and errors. IT literate, you will have experience in working with systems using different technologies like SAP, Drupal and custom business middlewares.
In time your role will be to advise Freesat on how to grow and make the systems in place more efficient and effective.
This role will support several business functions. Typical supporting activities are:
- Managing the Amazon & Ebay stock holding
- Keying Returns Authorisations and Sales Orders
- Owning the returns and exchanges processes
- eCommerce support for checking order statuses between website & SAP following a designed process
- Executing basic order amendments / cancellations when required
- Closing off tickets with internal Customer Experience function
- Executing and following up basic track and trace queries
- Running monthly Sales and Operational planning forecasting models
- Executing quarterly stock takes with the warehouse partner
- Support the business with data and reporting needs
- Finance Director
- Director of CE
- Webstore Manager
- Customer Experience Team
- Sales and Marketing Team
- Strategy Team
- 3rd Party Logistics Team
- Manufacturing Suppliers
- SAP Consultants
Experience, Knowledge and Qualifications
- Minimum 3+ years of experience in logistics /supply chain management / working to deliver physical products that meet customer and business needs
- Operational knowledge of SAP ByDesign and a working knowledge of logistics and supply chain are essential requirements
- Track record of managing stock across several sales channels
- Accurate data entry, supporting systems and teams
- Experience working in a fast-moving environment. (Experience within CE industry a substantial benefit)
- Recognised qualifications ideally to degree level or equivalent
- Python experience is a benefit
Personal Skills and Attributes
- Ability to work collaboratively across business teams coordinating stock and people to meet supply chain objectives
- Capability to understand technical concepts and collaborate with technology teams and architects
- Microsoft Excel wizard, confident with databases, pivot tables, and complex data sets
- Highly organised with an eye for detail with the ability to anticipate issues before they impact workflows
- Strong problem analysis and resolution skills
- Strong communication skills with the ability to make complexity simple for others to understand
- Solutions focused with a can-do attitude and can operate with levels of ambiguity
- Influencing – demonstrates an ability to persuade and convince others to follow a course of action to reach a successful outcome
- Attention to detail – is methodical and process driven, spotting any small inconsistencies in systems or data
- Enquiring mind – not to accepting of the presented information, always questioning, rationalising and evaluating
- Critical Thinking – identifies and analyses a situation, suggesting viable and pragmatic solutions to resolve issues quickly and efficiently
- Communication – expresses self in clear, succinct and compelling manner in both individual and group situations, builds constructive working relationships both internally and externally
- Planning & Organising – the ability to plan, organise and execute activities using own initiative and uses resources effectively and efficiently to balance multiple projects and responsibilities
Freesat is an equal opportunities employer
To apply for this role, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org attaching your CV, an application letter and proof of eligibility to work in the UK.