Senior PR Executive
Freesat is a joint venture between the BBC and ITV, providing UK customers with over 170 TV and radio channels, as well as On Demand and SVOD services. We reach over 2 million homes through a combination of set-top boxes and TV sets.
Freesat is continuously evolving the service to ensure that users receive the best possible subscription-free TV experience. Looking to the future, we are preparing for our next generation of STB and TV products, using latest technologies to enhance features and provide an experience that will keep us competitive for years to come.
Freesat has big ambitions and it’s an exciting time to join this small, vibrant company based in an attractive Central London location. This is a dynamic environment where innovation is rewarded and our agile environment means that we are constantly able to pursue new opportunities.
We have a generous reward package including a competitive salary, performance related bonus, healthcare, pension and life assurance. Through our employee wellbeing package we encourage and enable sustainable living for physical and mental health, continuous personal and professional growth and balanced lifestyle choices for every member of our Freesat team.
At Freesat we believe in championing the achievements of the individual but we’re also a team... and a team is strongest when everyone feels that they are supported and are valued as individuals.
Great ideas that drive innovation come from the commitment to making our workplace an equal and inclusive environment where all have the freedom to grow, learn and thrive. We offer content to the amazing and diverse British public and our workforce needs to mirror that diversity of background, thought and experience. We do not tolerate discrimination of any kind within our company and we celebrate creating a culture offering opportunity for all; regardless of race, culture, gender, age, sexual orientation, disability, marital or partnership status, pregnancy or maternity or religious beliefs.
You will play a key part in our expanding PR efforts, keeping the Freesat name front of mind with journalists and stakeholders. Your wide portfolio of media contacts will help us keep our messaging on track across all PR channels and sectors.
This newly-created role is a great opportunity for an enthusiastic PR executive who wants to progress to the next stage in their career; is confident with media relations and is keen to learn more about the broadcast world. Working right across the business, it’s a chance to make a really positive difference to Freesat’s profile in the media.
Own consumer media:
- Using your broad knowledge of the UK consumer media (national, regional, lifestyle and consumer tech); identify, develop and sell-in the stories that count for Freesat
- Drive relationships with key media from your existing contacts and build relationships with new targets
- Develop creative press campaign ideas
- Draft and pitch engaging press releases and other written materials
- Arrange interviews and editorial meetings
Ensure that Freesat has the right voice in trade media:
- Working with the Head of PR and Corporate Comms, ensure that Freesat is featured across a diverse range of broadcast, tech and B2B trade titles
- Assist with the organisation of interviews, speaker opps and events
Assist with partnerships:
- Working with the Head of PR and Corporate Comms, assist in the management of CSR partnerships and help develop associated press stories
Work closely with our editorial and content teams across channel partner and content opportunities:
- Identify and connect with key influencers for our target audiences and develop and own Freesat’s influencer strategy
- Ensure that Freesat is meeting with the PR and publicity teams of channel and app partners on a regular basis and develop a portfolio of beneficial press partnerships
- Liaise with editorial team to identify and progress content campaign ideas to work across both traditional and social media
Maintain our reporting and evaluation systems and manage press contacts databases:
- Manage coverage log and evaluation system updates
- Monitor press contacts and identify new contacts/titles to approach
- Feed PR information into internal reporting processes for marketing team and beyond
- Maintain reviews programme database
- In combination with our Marketing Assistant, ensure that Freesat’s news summary is distributed to the company each day
People you'll need to work with:
- Our marketing team – to ensure PR activity is aligned with the wider marketing efforts across campaign, SEO, social and retail marketing for example
- Our external agencies – taking part in regular liaison with our external PR support to ensure consistency of messaging
- Our product team – to gain information on latest product/tech developments and updates for use in reviews and beyond
- Our strategy team – to make sure that PR has the latest data as a story source
- Our content team – keeping up to date with upcoming channel / app launches and gaining new content PR partners
Skills and Expertise
- Approx. 2 years experience gained either in a PR agency or in a media-related business
- A wide range of media contacts, especially across consumer press (including national and lifestyle publications)
- Excellent written skills
- Confident dealing with internal stakeholders at all levels
- Highly organised – able to effectively manage and prioritise multiple tasks at one time
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to demonstrate creative thinking and creative problem solving
- Ability to work under pressure and a good team player
Behavioural Skills and Competencies
- Passionate about public relations and a born communicator 3
- Excited about the opportunity to gain new skills and experience
- A self-starter with initiative who willingly takes on ownership of tasks
- Patient, rational and good humoured
- An interest in TV and technology is a plus
Freesat is an equal opportunities employer
To apply for this role, please e-mail email@example.com attaching your CV, an application letter and proof of eligibility to work in the UK.