Finance Business Partner (Products, New Business and Projects)
Freesat is a joint venture between the BBC and ITV, providing UK customers with over 170 TV and radio channels, as well as On Demand and SVOD services. We reach over 2 million homes through a combination of set-top boxes and TV sets.
Freesat is continuously evolving the service to ensure that users receive the best possible subscription-free TV experience. Looking to the future, we are preparing for our next generation of STB and TV products, using latest technologies to enhance features and provide an experience that will keep us competitive for years to come.
Freesat has big ambitions and it’s an exciting time to join this small, vibrant company based in an attractive Central London location. This is a dynamic environment where innovation is rewarded and our agile environment means that we are constantly able to pursue new opportunities.
We have a generous reward package including a competitive salary, performance related bonus, healthcare, pension and life assurance. Through our employee wellbeing package we encourage and enable sustainable living for physical and mental health, continuous personal and professional growth and balanced lifestyle choices for every member of our Freesat team.
At Freesat we believe in championing the achievements of the individual but we’re also a team... and a team is strongest when everyone feels that they are supported and are valued as individuals.
Great ideas that drive innovation come from the commitment to making our workplace an equal and inclusive environment where all have the freedom to grow, learn and thrive. We offer content to the amazing and diverse British public and our workforce needs to mirror that diversity of background, thought and experience. We do not tolerate discrimination of any kind within our company and we celebrate creating a culture offering opportunity for all; regardless of race, culture, gender, age, sexual orientation, disability, marital or partnership status, pregnancy or maternity or religious beliefs.
This is a key role (Fixed Term Contract - 12 months) for Freesat, working within Freesat’s Finance team and supporting the senior business team. The role will be responsible for our latest set-top-box (STB) products business which was launched in February 2020 and providing business partnering support to the Senior Leadership team and wider business. This is an exciting time for Freesat as it is continuing to transition and grow its retail and eCommerce products based business, and there will be plenty of opportunities for someone to problem-solve and drive process improvements as a part of this.
- Trading Review: lead monthly products business trading review meetings where financial performance and KPIs are reviewed.
- Business Development: ensure the business has well-constructed and robust financial models and business cases to support investment decisions.
- Project and System Improvements: be the finance lead for company projects including system, process, reporting and new business implementations. Lead continual improvement activities within finance processes, systems and controls
- Planning, Budgeting and forecasting: support the Financial Controller with the planning, budgeting and forecasting cycles, ensuring relevant financial models and business cases are developed as inputs with the business.
- Project Reporting: partner with the project management team to provide them with timely and accurate project reporting; enable self-serve where possible to ensure they have the tools and data they need to track and manage projects within budget. Monitor delivery of cost and benefits cases and identify risks and issues.
- Management Reporting: prepare accurate and timely weekly/monthly reporting for Management, Board, Projects, Sales and key internal stakeholders to enable informed management decisions as needed.
- Month-end and Year-end: partner and support the financial controller in the month end and year end process for the products business predominantly. Provide inputs for external audit as needed.
- Process and Controls: support the company’s financial accounting, monitoring and reporting systems, reviewing effectiveness of controls and processes. Drive change to automate and make improvements as and when required to minimise financial risk. Ensure compliance with Accounting Policies.
Skills and Expertise
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified with relevant PQE
- Experience in a consumer product based business is advantageous
- Strong commercial acumen, understanding of the most important KPIs and able to work collaboratively with the business to continually improve these
- Experience building accurate financial models and business cases to support day-to-day business
- Experience with leading system, process and reporting improvement projects
- Previous experience in broadcasting, retail or ecommerce is a nice to have
Behavioural Skills and Competencies
- Highly driven and motivated individual
- Confident and enthusiastic self-starter, able to prioritise responsibilities and enjoy working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Proven analytical skills with high attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and manage changing prioritise and conflicting demands
- Ability to respond in an agile and flexible manner, adapting quickly and easily
- Collaborative team player, helpful and flexible, with a friendly approach
- Excellent communication skills with proven ability to engage and influence key stakeholders across all levels of the business
- Personal integrity and confidentiality are important for this role
Freesat is an equal opportunities employer
To apply for this role, please e-mail email@example.com attaching your CV, an application letter and proof of eligibility to work in the UK.