Data Strategy Manager
Freesat is a joint venture between the BBC and ITV, providing UK customers with over 170 TV and radio channels, as well as On Demand and SVOD services. We reach over 2 million homes through a combination of set-top boxes and TV sets.
Freesat is continuously evolving the service to ensure that users receive the best possible subscription-free TV experience. Looking to the future, we are preparing for our next generation of STB and TV products, using latest technologies to enhance features and provide an experience that will keep us competitive for years to come.
Freesat has big ambitions and it’s an exciting time to join this small, vibrant company based in an attractive Central London location. This is a dynamic environment where innovation is rewarded and our agile environment means that we are constantly able to pursue new opportunities.
We have a generous reward package including a competitive salary, performance related bonus, healthcare, pension and life assurance. Through our employee wellbeing package we encourage and enable sustainable living for physical and mental health, continuous personal and professional growth and balanced lifestyle choices for every member of our Freesat team.
At Freesat we believe in championing the achievements of the individual but we’re also a team... and a team is strongest when everyone feels that they are supported and are valued as individuals.
Great ideas that drive innovation come from the commitment to making our workplace an equal and inclusive environment where all have the freedom to grow, learn and thrive. We offer content to the amazing and diverse British public and our workforce needs to mirror that diversity of background, thought and experience. We do not tolerate discrimination of any kind within our company and we celebrate creating a culture offering opportunity for all; regardless of race, culture, gender, age, sexual orientation, disability, marital or partnership status, pregnancy or maternity or religious beliefs.
This role (Fixed Term Contract - 1 Year) will manage and grow Freesat’s Data proposition. This position involves working across all departments (Product, Strategy, Marketing etc) to provide actionable business insights.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Work with all departments to deliver a data strategy and take responsibility for delivering the data roadmap
- Using BI tools (e.g. Quicksight, Data Studio) to deliver insights based on multiple sources and deliver clear customer insights to key stakeholders
- Developing an understanding of customer behaviour and leading on to the creation of an updated customer segmentations
- Work with the tech team and third party suppliers to enhance Freesat’s customer data And to ensuring that Freesat’s data analytics specifications remain fit for purpose
- Produce and design templates for regular reporting against Freesat company KPIs, product metrics and channel partner insights
- Supporting internal partners’ data needs and providing both regular and ad-hoc reports to enable these teams to maximise their efficiency
- Managing external agencies to ensure Freesat’s data remains robust and GDPR compliant
- Strategy Department
- Tech and Product teams
- Marketing Department
- Commercial teams
- Freesat partners
Skills and Expertise
- 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Programming skills in SQL and R and/or Python
- Experience in analysing time-series data and an understanding of forecasting
- Experience using statistical techniques and algorithms e.g. linear and non-linear regression, clustering, and machine learning etc.
- Experience with a data visualisation tools. We use Quicksight and Data Studio but experience using Tableau, Looker, ClikView etc is welcome.
- Experience using Snowflake
Behaviourable Skills and Competencies
- Able to forge excellent relationships with external agencies, internal and external stakeholders
- Creative and strategic with a can do approach
- Strong leader and project manager, ability to delegate effectively and manage external agencies
- A self-starter and team player, adept at working both collaboratively and independently
- Excellent communication skills, able to communicate methods and results to a non-technical audience
Freesat is an equal opportunities employer
To apply for this role, please e-mail email@example.com attaching your CV, an application letter and proof of eligibility to work in the UK.