Job Title: Test Engineer Role Type: Permanent Reports to: Head of Product Date: October 2019
Freesat is a joint venture between the BBC and ITV, providing UK customers with over 200 TV and radio channels, as well as On Demand and SVOD services. We reach over 2 million homes through a combination of set-top boxes and TV sets.
Freesat is continuously evolving the service to ensure that users receive the best possible subscription-free TV experience. Looking to the future, we are preparing for our next generation of STB and TV products, using latest technologies to enhance features and provide an experience that will keep us competitive for years to come.
Freesat has big ambitions and it’s an exciting time to join this small, vibrant company based in an attractive Central London location. This is a dynamic environment where innovation is rewarded and our agile environment means that we are constantly able to pursue new opportunities. We have a generous reward package including a competitive salary, performance related bonus, healthcare, pension and life assurance. Through our employee wellbeing package we encourage and enable sustainable living for physical and mental health, continuous personal and professional growth and balanced lifestyle choices for every member of our Freesat team.
This is a key role and the incumbent will be responsible for the overall testing and quality assurance of Freesat’s product range. This covers both existing products in market, evolution of current products and new products we develop. We’re looking for someone who will help us set up an automated testing framework and to build automation knowledge in the team.
Main tasks and responsibilities
• Create and maintain test cases based on business requirements, technical specification and design documentation.
• Carry out functional and regression testing of the Freesat products, including mobile application.
• Work in collaboration with Integrators, Operations Team, Product, Technical Architects and external engineering teams
• Document and improve test processes
• Clearly communicate results of testing to stakeholders
• Testing new configurations and new components of Freesat head-ends platform, using Set-Top boxes and DVB monitoring tools.
Skills and Expertise Essential
• Technically literate, with a background in software or hardware testing.
• ISTQB Software Testing Foundation certified
• Experience creating test cases from functional, technical specifications and product requirements
• Experience using tools, such as Jira & Test Rail
• Understanding of the complete software development lifecycle within an agile environment
• Experience in testing native mobile and web applications
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Experience with network analysing tools, i.e. Wireshark
• Exposure to API testing tools, i.e. Postman, JMeter and Blazemeter
• Scripting (test automation) knowledge i.e. Python, Lua or other similar languages Desirable
• 3+ years’ experience in digital TV or related industry
• Good understanding of digital satellite receiver technologies and innovations
Personal Skills and Attributes
• A motivated self-starter with the ability to perform in a high-pressure delivery environment
• Proactive and highly organized with an ability to look forward and anticipate issues before they impact workflows
• Ability to keep calm under pressure and deliver to deadlines
• Demonstrate clear ability to work effectively as part of a team
• Analytical thinker
• Clear communicator who can explain complex problems in a way everyone can understand Freesat is an equal opportunities employer.
How to Apply
To apply for this role, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org attaching your CV, a cover letter and proof of eligibility to work in the UK.