Job Title: Strategy Analyst Role Type: Permanent Reports to: Director of Strategy and Business Transformation Date: October 2019
Freesat is a joint venture between the BBC and ITV, providing UK customers with over 200 TV and radio channels, as well as On Demand and SVOD services. We reach over 2 million homes through a combination of set-top boxes and TV sets.
Freesat is continuously evolving the service to ensure that users receive the best possible subscription-free TV experience. Looking to the future, we are preparing for our next generation of STB and TV products, using latest technologies to enhance features and provide an experience that will keep us competitive for years to come.
Freesat has big ambitions and it’s an exciting time to join this small, vibrant company based in an attractive Central London location. This is a dynamic environment where innovation is rewarded and our agile environment means that we are constantly able to pursue new opportunities.
We have a generous reward package including a competitive salary, performance related bonus, healthcare, pension and life assurance. Through our employee wellbeing package we encourage and enable sustainable living for physical and mental health, continuous personal and professional growth and balanced lifestyle choices for every member of our Freesat team.
This role provides a great opportunity for an entry level graduate to learn and evolve within Freesat’s Strategy team, primarily to engage with internal stakeholders in order to provide insight and assistance in building business cases for decision making at management level.
• Assisting the Director of Strategy and Business Transformation with the creation of board papers and packs.
• Working with the finance team to build and maintain financial models to assess the impact of potential new ventures.
• Supporting the content and finance teams with analysis of key performance data.
• Managing research projects in life and assisting in the communication of key results and implications to the business.
• Providing briefings on competitor performance and briefings on key market developments to the board, management team, and wider company.
• Working with the content team to help identify and attract new services to the platform.
• Offering support to both the marketing team and the tech team on an ad-hoc basis.
• Presenting research results and data received from key suppliers to individual teams and the wider company.
Skills and Expertise
• Educated to degree level or equivalent
• Good presentation skills are desirable
• Proficient in Powerpoint, Excel, and Word
• Some experience within a media or similar office environment would be beneficial but not essential.
Behavioural Skills and Competencies
• The ideal candidate is expected to be a self starter, capable of working well with others and working individually
• Committed and ambitious individuals with a thirst to learn and develop
• Impeccable interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to analyse and articulate key data and metrics
Freesat is an equal opportunities employer.
To apply for this role, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org attaching your CV, an application letter and proof of eligibility to work in the UK.