Job Title: QMS Consultant Role Type: Fixed term - 6 month contract Reports to: Director of Consumer Electronics Relationships Date: December 2019
Freesat is a joint venture between the BBC and ITV, providing UK customers with over 200 TV and radio channels, as well as On Demand and SVOD services. We reach over 2 million homes through a combination of set-top boxes and TV sets.
Freesat is continuously evolving the service to ensure that users receive the best possible subscription-free TV experience. Looking to the future, we are preparing for our next generation of STB and TV products, using latest technologies to enhance features and provide an experience that will keep us competitive for years to come.
Freesat has big ambitions and it’s an exciting time to join this small, vibrant company based in an attractive Central London location. This is a dynamic environment where innovation is rewarded and our agile environment means that we are constantly able to pursue new opportunities.
Freesat is transitioning to selling products alongside the service it provides. This exciting contract position is to audit the Freesat business against an initial GAP analysis based on your experience delivering and maintaining systems for quality assurance accreditation. Your role in Freesat will match the fast and dynamic pace that the business operates at.
• Carrying out internal audit for accreditation, such as ISO 9001 or other similar systems.
• Implementing an audit cycle programme to ensure Freesat remains effective and up to date.
• Acting as an objective source of independent advice to ensure validity, legality and goal achievement of the requirements against the certification.
• Producing and submitting a full audit report on each audit undertaken.
• Producing audit summary reports for each audit undertaken.
• Ensuring any non-conformities are listed on the appropriate non-conformities log and corrective actions are assigned to the appropriate party.
• Ensuring all follow-up actions are listed on the appropriate Action plan, and ‘Work In Progress’ comments are provided after an appropriate interval for each action until completion.
• Conduct timeframe and management plan for follow up audits / checks to monitor non-conformities and ensure other actions are completed
• Engaging with continuous knowledge development regarding each certification’s requirements, recommended best practices, tools, techniques and performance standards.
• Recommending appropriate changes as a result of the audit results to Freesat’s internal Management Systems for Quality, Environment and information Security where necessary.
• Conducting training to all relevant stakeholders on the Freesat accreditation certifications, programme management and timeframes.
Skills and Expertise Essential
• The successful candidate shall have an array of industry-standard techniques and material, enabling a swift customisation and implementation for Freesat.
• Demonstrated experience of implementing and maintaining quality management systems
• Demonstrated experience of establishment and manintenance of quality assurance accreditation systems.
• Track record of working relationships with accredited bodies, that will allow you to smooth the project process within Freesat.
• Preferably with experience from the fast-moving consumer goods and media sector.
Behavioural Skills and Competencies
• Confident, strong communicator, able to communicate at all levels and adjust communication style accordingly.
• Diplomatic in giving guidance and gains trust by being consistent and non-judgemental.
• Strong analytical skills and ability to translate concerns effectively and with humility.
Freesat is an equal opportunities employer.
To apply for this role, please e-mail email@example.com attaching your CV, an application letter and proof of eligibility to work in the UK.