Job Title: Head of Digital & Content Role Type: Permanent Reports to: Director of Marketing Date: November 2019
Freesat is a joint venture between the BBC and ITV, providing UK customers with over 180 TV and radio channels, as well as On Demand and SVOD services. We reach over 2 million homes through a combination of set-top boxes and TV sets.
Freesat is continuously evolving the service to ensure that users receive the best possible subscription-free TV experience. Looking to the future, we are preparing for our next generation of STB and TV products, using latest technologies to enhance features and provide an experience that will keep us competitive for years to come.
Freesat has big ambitions and it’s an exciting time to join this small, vibrant company based in an attractive Central London location. This is a dynamic environment where innovation is rewarded and our agile environment means that we are constantly able to pursue new opportunities.
We have a generous reward package including a competitive salary, performance related bonus, healthcare, pension and life assurance. Through our employee wellbeing package we encourage and enable sustainable living for physical and mental health, continuous personal and professional growth and balanced lifestyle choices for every member of our Freesat team.
The Freesat digital champion: directing and shaping Freesat’s Digital and Content strategy, ensuring our digital touchpoints are engaging and keep customers and prospects coming back for more.
The Head of Digital & Content role is a wide-ranging one, covering our web presence, our social footprint as well as the content we deliver as an organisation (self-generated or with the support of channel partners).
Key responsibilities for the person in this role include:
- Championing and leading the creation of the digital strategy
- Managing the performance of freesat.co.uk (including look and feel, traffic inflows, UX, stickiness, content development), ensuring constant optimisation through testing
- Supporting the build of audience profiles through data flowing via our website and other digital touchpoints
- Owning our PPC, SEO and affiliate budget and their performance
- Developing our webstore and ensuring we maximise sales
- Ensuring Freesat complies with all necessary legislation in relation to data gathering and acquisition
- Managing the marketing relationship with our channel partners
- Overseeing our content and social roadmaps
- Developing two ambitious direct reports
- Using established networks and alliances to build and safeguard Freesats brand and reputation for competitive advantage.
• Two direct reports
• Wider marketing team – including Customer Marketing Manager, Customer Relationship and Engagement Manager and Sales team
• Content Partnerships team – to support with channel partner promotion • Technology team – for any testing, website maintenance, APIs etc
• PPC/SEO agency
• Data and insights manager
• Channel partners
• Legal team to ensure regulatory compliance
Skills and Expertise
• Experience in website development/management and managing PPC and SEO (Drupal would be a plus)
• E-commerce experience
• Extensive knowledge and use of Google Analytics
• Able to forge excellent relationships with external agencies and internal stakeholders
• Previous experience in developing social and content strategy
• Passion for emerging technologies and platforms
• Leadership and team management experience
Behavioural Skills and Competencies
• Highly active and personally interested in digital media
• Creative and strategic with a can-do approach
• Strong leader and project manager
• A self-starter and team player, adept at working collaboratively
• At home in a fast-paced environment, adaptable and flexible to change
• Excellent communication skills, able to build great relationships inside and outside of Freesat
• Ability to influence and advise wider team
Freesat is an equal opportunities employer.
To apply for this role, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org attaching your CV, an application letter and proof of eligibility to work in the UK.