Role Type: Permanent Reports to: Director of Strategy and Business Date: October 2019
Freesat is a joint venture between the BBC and ITV, providing UK customers with over 200 TV and radio channels, as well as On Demand and SVOD services. We reach over 2 million homes through a combination of set-top boxes and TV sets.
Freesat is continuously evolving the service to ensure that users receive the best possible subscription-free TV experience. Looking to the future, we are preparing for our next generation of STB and TV products, using latest technologies to enhance features and provide an experience that will keep us competitive for years to come.
Freesat has big ambitions and it’s an exciting time to join this small, vibrant company based in an attractive Central London location. This is a dynamic environment where innovation is rewarded and our agile environment means that we are constantly able to pursue new opportunities.
We have a generous reward package including a competitive salary, performance related bonus, healthcare, pension and life assurance. Through our employee wellbeing package we encourage and enable sustainable living for physical and mental health, continuous personal and professional growth and balanced lifestyle choices for every member of our Freesat team.
This pivotal role will enable Freesat to realise its ambitions through the management, analysis and utilisation of Freesat customer data. This position involves working across all departments (strategy, product, marketing etc) to provide actionable business insights.
• Be responsible for organizing, storing and analysing data as professionally and effectively as possible, while also safeguarding Freesats security and confidentiality standards
• Work on a number of ad-hoc and ongoing projects with key stakeholders, particularly Product, Marketing, Strategy, Commercial and Technology, to deliver insight from a range of data sets to enable better decision making.
• Deliver a data strategy and take responsibility for delivering the data roadmap.
• Work with the technical team and manage third party suppliers to enhance Freesats customer data.
• Assist the Managing Director and Director of Strategy to improve Freesat company KPI definiitions and tracking systems including developing product metrics and channel partner insights.
Skills and Expertise
• 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role.
• Programming skills in SQL and R and/or Python. Experience using Snowflake is desirable.
• Experience in analysing time-series data and an understanding of forecasting.
• Experience using statistical techniques and algorithms such as linear and non-linear regression, clustering and machine learning etc.
• Experience with a data visualisation tool, such as Data Studio, Tableau, Looker, ClikView etc.
Behavioural Skills and Competencies
• Able to forge excellent relationships with external agencies and internal stakeholders.
• Creative and strategic with a ‘can do’ approach.
• Strong leader and project manager, ability to delegate.
• A self-starter and team player, adept at working both collaboratively and independently.
• Excellent communication skills, able to communicate methods and results to a non-technical audience.
Freesat is an equal opportunities employer. To apply for this role, please e-mail email@example.com attaching your CV, a cover letter and proof of eligibility to work in the UK.