Job Title: Customer Relationship & Experience Manager Role Type: Permanent Reports to: Head of Marketing Date: November 2019
Freesat is a joint venture between the BBC and ITV, providing UK consumers with over 180 TV and radio channels, as well as some of the key On Demand and SVOD services. We reach over 2 million homes through a combination of set-top boxes and TV sets.
Freesat is continuously evolving the service to ensure that users receive the best possible subscription-free TV experience. Looking to the future, we are preparing for our next generation of Set Top Box and TV products, using latest technologies to enhance features and provide an experience that will keep us competitive for years to come.
Freesat has big ambitions and it’s an exciting time to join this small, vibrant company based in an attractive Central London location. This is a dynamic environment where innovation is rewarded and our agile approach means that we are constantly able to pursue new opportunities.
We have a generous reward package including a competitive salary, performance related bonus, healthcare, pension and life assurance. Through our employee wellbeing package we encourage and enable sustainable living for physical and mental health, continuous personal and professional growth and balanced lifestyle choices for every member of the team.
This role is the de facto Customer Champion within Freesat. With fresh investment into a new ESP, CRM system & a newly developed Single Customer View, we’re betting big on Customer Marketing. It is a fundamental role in the success of Freesat for many years to come.
Working closely with the wider Marketing team and the Data and Insights Manager, this person will be responsible for using direct comms to:
• Drive customer satisfaction, upgrades and generate additional revenue from the existing base
• Grow the marketing database, enrich it and ensure it remains active and engaged (via all direct touchpoints)
• Be the customer voice within the business
• Maximise the opportunity to extract insight from our Customer Panel and other touchpoints and use that insight to inform activity (whether that is in direct comms or other marketing activities)
• Support our efforts in minimising disconnections This role will need to be acutely aware of the legal requirement around data acquisition and management, ensuring Freesat complies with the relevant data legislations (e.g. GDPR). Last but not least, the role will manage the relationship with our ESP (Mapp) and Contact Centre (Woven), ensuring we have robust programmes with the right metrics so we can monitor performance, test hypothesis and develop improvements.
The Customer Marketing Manager will report to the Head of Marketing, but it will need to work with other teams, including:
• Content team for development of assets for email activity
• Brand and Campaigns team to support wider campaign activity through direct comms and ensuring these comms are on brand
• Product team to ensure that the Welcome programme supports product satisfaction and minimises queries & returns
• Strategy team for customer insight
• Mapp & Moveable Ink – our agencies
• Woven – our customer contact centre
Skills and Expertise
• Proven experience in creating, developing and managing customer marketing programmes (e.g. Welcome and Upgrades)
• Thorough knowledge of data-driven marketing, experience of: testing, personalisation, segmentation and targeting, campaign management, campaign analysis and customer profiling.
• Experience with CRM systems
• Use of customer panels to derive insight and action
• Working understanding of a Single Customer View system
• Good understanding of data legislation
• Good knowledge of HTML coding
• Passion for TV, emerging technologies and innovation is a plus
Behavioural Skills and Competencies
• Highly active and personally interested in digital media
• Creative and strategic with a can-do approach
• Strong leader and project manager, with experience of managing external agencies
• A self-starter and team player, adept at working collaboratively
• At home in a fast-paced environment, adaptable and flexible to change
• Excellent communication skills, able to build great relationships inside and outside of Freesat
• Ability to influence and advise wider team Freesat is an equal opportunities employer.
To apply for this role, please e-mail email@example.com attaching your CV, an application letter and proof of eligibility to work in the UK.